The most necessary need today – it is a need for comfort. Online shopping, food delivery services etc. cultivated the biggest exaltation of “home convenience” during the pandemic. Giants like Amazon and Walmart, eBay, and others have shown that online shopping is a great way to purchase and sell a wide range of products. More organizations are realizing how important it is to have an online presence. They hire independent freelance developers or turn to the development agencies and pay them an agreed amount to create a website or mobile application or convert their old product into a more modern one. Businesses are looking for experts in this area more than ever. And a custom app development service at the peak of fame.
There are few types of mobile app development: Native, Hybrid, and Web. Let’s quickly go through them.
Native Mobile App development service
Native mobile apps are designed to be “native” to one platform. So, they fit a specific operating system like iOS, Android, Windows etc. You can perform with the same functions, design, but it will be different programs. Development process takes more time and budget. Native services are faster and use less battery power and memory. WhatsApp and Spotify are one of them. If you’re looking to create a complex and unique mobile app, an app development approach will be your best choice. We provide Android and iOS app development services considering all your business requirements and taking care of all platform-specific nuances.
Web app development service
They are adaptations of sites, scaled to fit the different screen sizes of mobile devices. However, they are not allowed to access the hardware of users like native one. And need to be downloaded and installed. Facebook and Pinterest are examples of web apps.
Hybrid app development service
It is something between native and web apps. They have limited access to hardware and need an internet connection to download content. But the design does not adapt to different screen size, which affect performance speed. At the same time, hybrid app development saves time and resources. These services operate on a small amount of information. The most famous examples are Gmail and Twitter.
Cross-platform app development service
Cross-platform app development allows creating solutions for both iOS and Android at once. Cross-platform apps have a single codebase and can run simultaneously on multiple platforms and devices. Usually, 70-95% of code can be reused for different platforms, which makes development much faster and cheaper (you will only need one app instead of, say, two, for iOS and Android). This is accomplished by using tools like Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin. However, little parts of code still often need to be developed natively.
Many companies favor the convenience and profitability of this approach, but of course, it comes with flaws. It can be difficult to tailor the app to various platforms at once. Performance and UI/UX can sometimes be at risk, and using hardware (microphone, camera, geolocation, etc.) is limited. However, most apps don’t need hyper-performance and sophisticated functions, and would rather enter the market quickly while saving money.
Importance of using custom app development
Successfully implemented android app development tools already took a firm stand on a digital marketplace for its efficiency. Well, let’s emphasize other benefits of custom app development:
– Scalability. Customized product acts like a comprehensive app performing diverse functions and negates the requirement of multiple apps. Also, as these apps are tailored to suit your working style, it enhances employee productivity and in turn business ROI.
– Safety. Having a custom app made solely for your business can reinforce your data security system, as relevant security measures will be taken care of according to your business needs while app development.
– Integration. Custom made apps are built taking into consideration your current business software and hence are guaranteed to integrate well and function without any errors.
– Maintaining. By building your own custom business app, you get its complete control and don’t have to depend on others for anything.
– User experience features. The mobile app offers an interactive interface, while a website has a static and navigational one. It provides a better experience to customers. Also Customized business apps allow you to send personalized updates related to your products and services to your existing customers in real-time.
– Accessibility. A mobile app provides access to various phone features such as phone contacts, location services, camera which a website cannot offer.
– Management. Custom apps can be installed to keep a real-time check on your project progress and deadlines.
How to find your mobile app development service company?
To find your perfect app development service company you should pay attention to a few things:
– Reviews and recommendations. There are a lot of platforms such as Clutch, GoodFirms, where you can easily check the rate of a company, its size, main technical focus, etc. Also a company has a list of clients who can describe their own experience of work with the team.
– Project estimation. The estimation should be based on project scope, number of involved full stack developers, PMs, designers, QA engineer, and comply with quality-price ratio.
– Domain expertise. Hire the team, which specializes in your business niche. They will bring the exact solution you need, because they know how it works.
– Payment. The company of your choice may follow one of the many payment models such as dedicated team, time & materials, fixed price, hybrid or else.
– Qualification of web developers. Pay attention to the experience of developers you are going to hire, their previous projects, set up a meeting to interview them.
Things you should consider before developing apps
There some signific cons of mobile app custom developing you should take into account:
– Cost. Creating an app will cost more than a website. Mobile app development is a complex process involving the expertise of various professionals and encompassing many stages. However, the app development service pricing greatly depends on the mobile app features and functionality, choice of platform, technologies, design, etc.
– Compatibility. You should consider the type of mobile app you want to create. Because different types of apps perform differently for various platforms. Whether this is an iOS or Android application.
– Upgrading. Users have to accept and download apps’ updates, which might be a time issue for some of them.
– Security. The apps need to provide robust authentication and safe data access to cover users’ amount issue.