Nowadays the mobile phone has become everyone’s companion. We use it to call, text, surf the internet, and even make appointments, including medical appointment reminders.
Various phone apps have been created to make it easy for consumers to access things faster. This is the same case when making your medical appointments. You can simply type the appointment as a reminder in your calendar and set an alarm to remind you have that appointment on that particular day.
You can also download your most trusted medical app and key in the details for the appointment with your physician.
Phone apps have also helped medical practitioners in the past years to be closer to their patients. According to an article by C. Lee Ventola, MS available on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website, the use of phone apps have helped medical practitioners in doing their work faster. It has given them better ways to reach patients and make the necessary recommendations to have the proper treatment.
But phone apps are not just for medical purposes. According to an article on medium.com, 3 points were highlighted on the importance of phone apps for business. These are: credibility for the company, easing consumer access, and high productivity for the team.
1. Credibility for the company. Having a phone app for your company will definitely improve its reputation to the consumers. Just make sure that app is properly made because you don’t want consumers to give bad reviews on the app and not visit it anymore.
2. Easing consumer access. Having a phone app will definitely bring you close to your consumers. As they click on the app, it will allow them to get to know more about the brand, its services, and the engagements they can do. It even allows them to make real time payment for bills.
3. Higher productivity for the team. It’s not just the consumers who will benefit from the app. Those behind the phone app will also benefit as it allows them to continuously upgrade, streamline, and make changes so that consumers will continuously visit and use the app.
But beyond business and medical purposes, the use of mobile phone apps has become very important for the consumers. With the restrictions brought about by COVID-19, the mobile phone app has become everyone’s go to from shopping, entertainment, education, and paying bills.
1. Using it for shopping. The rise of e-commerce in the past years has been non-stop as prominent brands have been going online due to the pandemic. Examples would be Walmart or brands like Gap and Uniqlo.
2. The boom in entertainment. Streaming sites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO are not just available on the laptop but also on the phone. They have created phone apps wherein people can access their favorite films and watch it on their smartphones.
3. Educational apps. Various educational books have been turned into e-books and resource materials are now available online.
4. Paying bills and an electronic wallet. The use of phone apps have allowed utility companies such as electricity and water to be paid online. A number of banks meanwhile now allow money transfer and allow withdrawal of money which can be swiped electronically in some stores.
The apps in a smart phone had made it easy for consumers in these times. Just a reminder though, is responsible in using the apps so that it won’t be abused.